YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 7, 2013

My trip to the hair dresser...


So, if you know anything about me, you will discover that I am a kind of awkward person.  This detail of my life used to cause me great anxiety, and sometimes it still does, but overall I've learned to just embrace it.  More on that later, perhaps.

Anyways, my awkwardness does not turn off when I go to the hair dresser.  In fact hair salons are the worst because you're trapped in a chair and forced to interact with a stranger for over an hour.  Reserved girls like me aren't good at small talk.  How on earth the girl next to me continued a conversation about a certain beach resort for over half an hour is beyond me.

So somehow, no matter what I always get the same lady to cut my hair every time I go.  I never request her, but I really should because she's so wonderful at cutting hair.  
I had a picture of what I wanted my hair to look like (shown left), but of course it was on my computer.  We stood there awkwardly while my computer took 12 years to turn on and load.  Finally it did.  She asked me a few questions, none of which I knew the answer to.  I hate when hair dressers ask you what you want. I mean I gave you a picture, isn't is self explanatory?   So a few minutes in I realized my hair wasn't going to look like the picture.  I have very curly hair, and in order to cooperate it has to be straightened.  So I became very gloomy after that, and kept asking my stylist if she was done.  The lighting is so bad that I couldn't see myself properly, and I solemnly declared that I look like Spock.  Heather gave a nervous laugh and said "I don't know who that is".  For reals? 

Anyways I basically was Eeyore the whole time, and when I left I gloomily said "I guess front bangs aren't for me"...

Shameful, O so very shameful.  Once I got outside and looked at myself properly in a shop window I realized I had over reacted, and that my hair was,in fact, amazing. Heather Triumphs again!

I wish I knew her email so that I could apologize.  Everyone loves my hair, and while some do say that its reminiscent of the Spock costume I did last year for Halloween, it is really nice.

I'd show you a picture of my hair, but my webcam no worky. No se porque. Instead, let me honor you with my Halloween costume for last year:  
In case it isn't obvious I'm the one in the blue shirt.

Moral of the story: things can look different in a new light.  New ways of seeing and experiencing can totally change our perspectives.  Sometimes small changes are all we need to brighten our day and stay positive. 

Attitude, as they say, is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment